Monday, April 20, 2009

To make me do it...

I've become increasingly aware of my weight lately. Yes, I know I'm not fat. That being said, I'm gaining weight. I've been getting pretty depressed about it. Rick always tells me not to complain to him about my weight unless I'm trying to do something about it. He's done nothing but try to get me to feel good about myself and motivate me with compliments and tries to supply everything I need to work out if I feel the need. We have medicine balls, work out mats (which double, as baby mats too!) and the Wii Fit game, Dance Dance Revolution and various other games that help get us off the couch.
When I was pregnant I used the Wii Fit to see how much weight I had gained. Then right after the baby, I went back on it to see how much weight I had lost. It was cool to see it tell me that I'd lost 23 lbs or whatever it was. I went on the Wii Fit today (nearly 8 months later), hoping it would tell me that I had lost weight since then. But, no. I think I gained a pound. That was a wake up call to get off my butt and do something about it. Then Rick was videoing me while playing some of the Wii Fit games because he thought it was pretty funny... I looked at the video afterwards and nearly cried. I didn't know how big I had gotten.
So my goal is to use the Wii Fit EVERY DAY. I'm hoping that anyone who reads this will help keep me accountable. I want to be brave and post the before video clip, but I can't do it. I'm so embarassed. Maybe if, I have some results to show, I'll post the clip. Until then just picture love handles and a gut hanging over my pants while I stand on the Wii Fit, dodging soccer balls!

4 comments:

mthiessen said...

You've always been obsessed with being fat and you're not. After having a baby, it's harder to get that off, but if you keep trying, exercise and get out more, you'll feel better again. Keep up those walks to the park, etc.

The Davis Family said...

I've always struggled with my weight and so I understand coming across a picture that makes you feel extra icky about the way you look. I actually posted a pretty bad picture of me on my cubie at work and wrote "Just say no to Starbucks" on it :) I haven't totally given up my flavored coffee, but I definitely don't go as much as I used to. Good luck!!

Andrea said...

You are funny, Ruth, even though I know this post wasn't meant to be funny. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, as well. As far as looking heavy in the video Rick took---just remember the camera adds 10 pounds. Seriously, it is not an accurate portrayal of exactly how you look. We have a wide-screen computer & I look big in all of the pictures on here---cut yourself a little slack.

I'm willing to ask you from time to time whether you've been using the Wii Fit if you want...you, too, are beautiful...also remember your hormones are still leveling out. Gotta love being a woman! =)

Kimi said...

Winter time is just plain hard! With the warmer weather, hopefully you'll be able to get out more. And as Cruz gets older and more active, it'll be easier for you to be, too!! But don't be hard on yourself. Its good to make healthy decisions...but know that beauty comes from the inside out!! Love you, cousin!