Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pictures make me smile



I've been feeling down the last few days. Especially today. Cruz must have a tooth coming in or is not feeling so great because all he does is cry the last few days.

I'm not used to him being like this. Of course he's had days like this before, just this time it feels different. Perhaps it's because we've been letting himself cry himself to sleep in his crib every night? He's only slept through the night once so far. But, he's had a few nights where it's 5 or 7 hours that he'll sleep in his crib before waking up. That's better than it has been.

He's throwing tantrums and freaking out when he can't pull on the cords or whatever it is that he's not supposed to do. Then when I hold him he practically jumps out of my arms, but when I put him down he screams. There's no pleasing him.

I've just been referring to him as a "stinky" baby. He's a sweetie almost every other day, but the last few days I've wanted to "quit" being a mom. Since I can't, I'm trying to calm myself down and relax and get out of the house.

Looking at pictures of his smile makes me smile though... :-)

2 comments:

mthiessen said...

Some days are better than others, and it will get better. You will get the feel of what he wants eventually.

The Davis Family said...

I'm definitely praying for you. I hate days when I can't figure out what Andrew needs and it makes me feel hopeless. By the way, I love his hair!!