Monday, April 20, 2009

Bits of this and that, I suppose

I really wish I had my camera with me yesterday. I went for a walk to check out my new neighborhood, now that it's not freezing outside. I had considered bringing a camera along with me, but then thought I'd just be pushing Cruz in the stroller, and not have any photo ops. Turns out, we discovered where the playground is, and Cruz had his first play ground experience! I pushed him in the baby swings, which he really seemed to enjoy. His crazy hair was blowing in the wind, he was smiling and there just needed to be pictures taken. I'll try to do better next time! We also went down the slide together and he walked around in the sand a bit (with my help of course!) It was just a really neat experience.
I do have some pictures to share that I thought were cute though:

This was taken right before our big walk yesterday. This was his first time wearing a sun hat, and the sunglasses didn't last on his face long enough for a picture. I find it easier to get him ready while he's sitting in his high chair some days. He's SO squirmy! This is the best way to get his shoes on for sure!

Stinko (my pet name for him) is learning to crawl properly now. I love how happy this makes him. He still prefers to crawl on his stomach though and pull himself with his arms. It's been working so well for him, I don't know why he'd switch it up now! Although, it will be nice when he's not dragging his stomach on the floor and cleaning up whatever cat hair and dirt is on the floor. That's my biggest struggle is keeping the floors clean (I sweep and mop almost every day to keep it managable!). He helps with that, I guess...

I love his look of self satisfaction! He pulls himself up on everything he can. This was with absolutely no help from me. In fact, I had left the room and came back to see him just standing there, hanging out, waiting for me to take a picture! This new fun discovery he's made of pulling himself up on things hasn't come without bumps, falls and cries though. I'm quickly learning that babies get hurt and bounce back very quickly!

He's mastering the one handed technique! He can stand on his own, but only when he's not realizing that no one is holding him. The second he figures out he's on his own, it's a tumble!

No comments: