Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring time and other random thoughts

I don't know if any of you have seen the more recent re-make of The Producers, but there's a song in the production that I just reminded myself of from the title of this post. It's called "Spring Time For Hitler"... it's pretty funny stuff. I got to see the production live a few years ago and it was spectacular. Definitely worth checking out (the movie, or in person if it's touring)... I realize how random that was. But, my thoughts are incredibly random. Things just come out some times!

I am SO in love with the weather we've been having. It's finally NICE outside! I don't have the dress the baby in a huge snow suit to go out anymore. It's not so cold that it's no fun to go anywhere. It's lovely out. We can spend time outside. Some days we can even go outside without any jackets at all! I can open the windows for fresh air and not freeze the house... yep, this has been a huge boost to my spirits for sure! Cabin fever was starting to get me bad.

Cruz is doing great! He has 2 teeth now, which are so cute. He's pulling himself up on anything he can get to and loving every minute of it. Well, until he falls. He's starting to learn the word "no" pretty quickly! He's also learning to use that incredibly cute smile of his to get out of trouble. I'm standing my ground pretty well (for the most part) when it comes to reinforcing the rules.

Easter was exciting. Our hot water tap in the bath tub broke. It was gushing scalding hot water until we managed a quick fix, and called the landlord. He had his other tenant come and check it out and since the taps were so old, it broke. Not only did it break, it broke in the "on" position. Thankfully Rick's "quick fix" is holding up so there's not a constant gush of hot water flowing and we can still have hot water. On top of that Cruz was SOO grumpy and sleepy all day and not wanting to eat. Oh, and the guy that "fixed" and by "fixed" I mean "broke" the tap also broke the door knob to the door that goes to the porch. Ugh. It was not a fun day. Rick came home early from work to keep me more calm. The tap gets fixed tomorrow.

Easter evening we went to Rick's sister's house for some family time and lots of yummy food. It was fun. Cruz was surprisingly happy while we were there, given that he was cranky all day. That's when he got his second tooth!

I'm currently re-reading the entire Harry Potter series these days. This is my 4th time reading them all again. I'm on the 6th (of a 7 book series) right now. Even though I've read them all before, I still can't wait to pick up the book and get right back into the story. I mention this because that's what I'm going to go do right now. I want to read as much as I can before baby wakes up screaming for me!

1 comment:

The Davis Family said...

I'm re-reading the HP series, too!! I try and read them again right before each new movie comes out. I still find I have a hard time going to bed because I don't want to put the book down :) They are a nice break from my other books, which tend to be a little taxing on the brain!