Saturday, August 2, 2008

38 Weeks... sorry, no baby pictures yet!


Well, it's time for another weekly belly shot. I hope this will be the last belly shot picture... but it's doubtful. I don't feel like I'm going to be going into labour any time soon. Oh well... Rick will have to put up with my complaining for a while more!
I was at my doctor last week and she said I'm about 1cm dilated. That doesn't mean I'm going to have the baby right aways though. Everything is fine and healthy still and there are no worries or concerns at this point, which is always encouraging. She's such a great doctor! I really wish I'd been seeing her all along.
One thing I have noticed in the last few days is that the baby isn't moving as much as usual. The doctor said that's fine as long as I can still feel him moving and monitor the movements when I remember to. I think she said as long as he kicks 6 times in 2 hours I'm good.... or rather the baby is good. When he is active though, boy is he active!
I'm getting pretty bored staying home all day by myself. As soon as Rick gets home I'm talking his ear off and asking his questions about work, etc etc when all he wants to do is relax a bit first. The thing about us working at the same place is that I know everyone and want to still feel like I'm in the loop with what's going on there. It was fine while I was still working, we'd discuss different things when we got home, but not too much. Now I want him to tell me everything about everything and he likes to leave work at work. That's the frustrating part for me, I guess. I want to still be there without being there. I just hope the baby comes sooner rather than way past due so I can actually start feeling like I'm on "maternity leave" and be busy and occupied.

1 comment:

Carlean said...

Stay bored now - because you won't once the baby comes. You will still look good and still smiling - which is a good thing at this point.

We are looking forward to the baby pictures.

Aunt Carlean