Sunday, August 31, 2008

More of Cruz






Today is my first day without my mom or Rick here with me. I'm a bit nervous about it, but so far it's going very well. Cruz had a great night and only woke up to eat every 3-4 hours and fell right back to sleep.

I am constantly falling more and more in love with Cruz. He is so sweet and already changing a bit more every day. His expressions crack me up and make me melt.
I've already apologized to my mom that she's not getting the revenge that she thought she'd get when I had a baby. Apparently I had colic for 4 months... Cruz has really only had 1 night where he was crying and nothing I was doing was helping. I'm pretty sure he had a tummy ache, but we eventually got him to calm down. Other than the one night, he sleeps really well. It's me that goes more crazy at night than he does. When he cries, I get him out of his bassinet, take him to the bed and feed him. When I'm done I put him back... should be simple for me to remember. But, at least 2 times a night I wake up and freak out that he's under the blankets. I wake up Rick and ask him where the baby is and search around like a mad woman to find him, thinking he's suffocating under the blankets on the bed. My poor crazy mind! My lack of sleep is starting to show, I think. Yesterday I bought laundry soap... today I put the laundry in the machine and realized after I poured a cap full in that I bought fabric softener. Oops! Other than that, I think I'm handling the lack of sleep alright!

He is content just to lay around or sit around with who ever is holding him. He loves his grandma! When my mom left me yesterday he started to fuss a bit. Maybe it was gas, but he seemed to miss her. He's already spent quite a bit of time cuddling with her.

Aunt Carlean, he loves his teddy bear. He lays there and talks to it and touches and stares at it. I made sure to add pictures of it cus it's just so cute!

Today is a big day for Cruz -- it's his baby shower! The first party just for him :-) He seems to be containing his excitement pretty well, it's his mommy that's pretty pumped about it!

2 comments:

Carlean said...

You mean Grandma will have to share Cruz today? That will be hard on her.

I'm glad Cruz loves the bear and it wasn't just for his mommy.

Love the pictures, wait until he learns how to light the bear up himself.

Sounds like all is going well and you are getting the hang of this baby thing.

Aunt Carlean

Andrea said...

I remember waking up once when Callie was a newborn, thinking she was in our bed, and freaking out about it, too! The really bad thing is that I never fed her in our bed...I was always in her room, so I must really have been delirious! It's kind of funny to look back on, actually. Oh, and I love the fabric softener thing...