Well, I've made it 39 weeks. It's been not exactly what I expected, but an amazing experience at the same time. That being said, I'm not sure how much more I can take of being pregnant at this point! I'm always so tired, my feet are so swollen and my back, knees and joints in my fingers are constantly sore. It's all worth it, and I'm sure I'll do it again -- just not any time soon!
One thing that has been really starting to bother me is all of the people that tell me that "you're carrying so high, you haven't even dropped yet." It's not the most encouraging thing to say to someone who wants nothing more than to have the baby out ASAP! So, I asked my doctor during my last appointment if my belly has to drop or if that's an indication of when I'll give birth. I love this doctor, she told me that everyone should shut their mouths! Some women "drop" a few weeks before they give birth and some "drop" 5 minutes before they give birth. She said she'd check me and tell me if the baby is too high, and she said he isn't. Ha, so there! She did say she doesn't think I'll be giving birth earlier than my due date though, but of course she can't tell for sure. That was a bit of a bummer, but I still like that she's trying to reassure me!
3 comments:
Hang in there!! The baby will come eventually!
Jimmy said to take the pillow out of your shirt.
Love you,
Aunt Carlean
I'm so glad your doctor said what she did---everyone, and I mean EVERYONE has an opinion about "dropping", and I think you should do just what you're doing---ignoring them! =) Your baby will come when he's ready. I know it seems like you'll be pregnant forever, but you WILL get skinny again, and the puffiness WILL go away, and you WILL miss that baby kicking in there! Praying for you, baby, Rick, etc., and that you'll have a smooth labor & delivery!
Post a Comment