Thursday, May 7, 2009

Solia

I wouldn't say I have great hair, nor that I spend a lot of time on my hair (usually), but I do like nice things to use when I do my hair. Especially since my best friend is a hair dresser! I use salon shampoos and conditioners as well as salon hair spray and flat iron. I don't use a salon hair dryer though. One day...!
Rick had gotten me a Chi as a gift a while ago. The Chi, in case you don't know, is supposed to be one of the best flat irons for your hair ever! It costs almost $200 in salons, but since there was no way I was spending that much, we found it on ebay for much less. I was so thrilled. My hair does not sit nicely on it's own, so using the flat iron is almost a daily ritual.
Last week I was SO sad when my Chi stopped working. It had been starting to break down by not turning on or by turning off in the middle of using it. So, I wasn't entirely surprised when it broke down completly. I just realized I'm talking about my flat iron like it's a car! haha!
After doing some research, I decided on a new flat iron. The Solia! I found great reviews for it when people were comparing it to the Chi. So, I ordered it!
Realizing that I was going to have some bad hair days ahead of me, I searched for an old curling iron of mine that would suffice for the time being. I plugged it in where I had the Chi plugged in, and it didn't turn on. I was getting frustrated that I was going to have nothing for doing my hair at all. So, I tried a different outlet just to be sure ... and it turned on. Finally putting 2 and 2 together, I plugged the Chi into the different outlet and it also turned on. Oops! The new flat iron was already shipped and on it's way before I realized this mistake. But, I'll keep it. I'm liking it more than the Chi now anyways.. plus, Cruz likes the box!

No comments: