
So, Cruz has officially reached his 9 month birthday today. It's so cliche to say, but I really don't know where the time has gone. One day all he did was nurse and sleep, now he's feeding himself and getting into everything!
Some of Cruz's accomplishments thus far:
- He says "mem mem mem" or "mamamama" when he's looking at me and "dadadaddy" when he's looking at Rick. I'm pretty sure he's got the hang of it! He'll also throw out the random "hi" every once and a while to and catch us totally off guard.
- He'll eat pretty much anything, as long as he can feed himself. This has made meal time so easy now. I just give him some stuff in his tray and he sits there nicely and makes a mess!
- He's been doing this for a while, but he pulls himself up on furniture and walks along it like a pro.
- In the last month he's mastered the art of real crawling and not just army crawls along the floor.
- He has on occasion slept 9 hours at a time, but that's very rare.
- He's been babysat a bunch of times by my parents now and has been great for them (so they say) so I'm less apprehensive about leaving him now.
- He LOVES holding hands and walking all around the house -- especially when there are kitties to chase!
- He loves playing with all kinds of balls. Medicine balls, bouncy balls... his balls! haha!
- He hates getting dressed but loves getting undressed.
- He loves playing "PEAK!" All you have to do is say the word "peak" and he gets a big smile on his face.
- He's come close to walking on his own but gets too scared. He can stand on his own but gets scared once he realizes he's doing it.
2 comments:
what a great smile! can't wait to meet him! i can't believe he's even thinking about walking!!
I agree with Kimi---he looks so happy! And again, I second Kimi's comment---can't wait to meet him! And Abi! And Andrew! =) Just about a month away now...
Post a Comment