Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mommies Day!

I have to admit, I was pretty excited for my first ever official mothers day! Last mothers day I was pregnant so I don't think it officially had counted yet.
Yesterday my family did mother's day with my mom. I spent the day at work, selling hot dogs to fund raise for Rick's hockey team, which is also a work team. They're called The Brick Lazyboyz! While I was doing that, my parents babysat Cruz. Apparently he was really good for them! That makes me feel so much better about leaving him, and it makes even happier when he's so happy to see me when I get home. For dinner we all went out for a nice meal at Grainfields and had a good time.
Today hasn't been anything extra special, even though it sort of has been. Rick has been at work all day. Cruz has been pretty great for me today, which has been fantastic and much needed. Just knowing that today is mother's day and that if it weren't for Cruz I wouldn't be a mom has been what's making this day so much nicer for me. He's been happy and sweet all day today. We went for a long walk and went to the park. I've been camera happy today, so I've taken lots of pictures. I'm not expecting any big surprises from Rick since he already bought us a new camcorder the other day to which he said "this will be your mothers day present." So, that works!

Cruz really wasn't so sure about sitting in the grass... then he fell backwards and he was done!

2 comments:

mthiessen said...

Looks like Cruz enjoys the swings. That is nice. Sounds like you had a Mother's Day.

Kimi said...

Baby smiles and swings. It doesn't get much better than that!!