At 6am I was very rudely awoken by a screaming... no, let's make that SCREECHING baby boy. He wanted nothing but to have a boobie right then and there. He accepts no excuses from me when it comes to making him wait. After all, what could be more important to me than to make sure he gets what he wants, when he wants?
After he had what he wanted, we chased the cats around a little bit (his new favorite game). Then he continued the screeching for the next hour or so. I gave up on being a mom for a little bit. Rick was a huge help. Thankfully he didn't have to be at work as early as usual since it's Sunday. I was SO ready to lose my mind. This child was NOOO fun this morning. It didn't matter to me how cute he was, he was awful.
Thankfully after a bit of time he had an early morning nap. I got ready for my day. I had plans to go out for lunch with my friends Carla, Alisia and her 3 year old Koda. I was nearly ready to call the day off.
Thankfully Cruz awoke from his nap in fairly good spirits so the day was a go. The only plan was to have an early lunch since Carla had somewhere she had to be as soon as we were done.
After having a very successful lunch, and I say successful because Cruz sat in his high chair the whole time and didn't cry or whine at all, we decided that we hadn't spent nearly enough time together. The thing that Carla had to go to was in the park and it was a beautiful day.
A little background on Carla: she's a sign language interpreter. She works full time in an elementary school interpreting for one of the students and works part time doing free lance jobs for other deaf people in the city. She interprets for weddings, baptisms and whatever function she's hired for. Today was a free lance job she was supposed to go to. She had no idea what it was she was going to. She was told it was at the park, and it was either something to do with laughter or yoga.
Alisia and I decided that we'd go along to the park since it was a GORGEOUS day out and it would have been a waste to spend it indoors anyways. When Carla was done, we were going to go get some ice cream and go for a walk.
As Alisia, Koda, Cruz and I arrived, Carla was waving us towards the group of people she was in and told us to join. We had NO idea what it was we were volunteering ourselves for. The person that Carla was supposed to be interpreting hadn't showed up, but she had to hang around anyways just in case.
Alright. Did anyone know that you can go to school and become a certified laughter therapist? Nope, neither did I.
Unfortunately there was someone videoing this to go on local tv in a few weeks.
Today was national laughter day (or something like that). Again, who knew? And these ladies were there to do some laughter yoga. Yep. I don't really know what yoga had to do with any of it.
Basically it started with us having to laugh and walk around and laugh in other people's faces. It went from that to us having to start our lawnmowers... you were supposed to do the motion of ripping the cord going "ha ha ha ha" in a stutter and then once the lawner mower gets going you do the "hahahahahaha" faster and pretend you were pushing the lawnmower around the circle of people. Other "excersizes" included driving along and then when there's a red light, you stop, point and laugh at it.
Alisia had her excuse to get out of this right aways since her son wanted to run around the park. I was able to excuse myself when it was almost over so I get could Cruz some water. Okay, I laughed while doing it -- but mostly at the fact that I couldn't believe I was doing this. I get what they were trying to do... but it was totally not my thing.
After we were done, Carla bought us all some treats from DQ for joining her with this. She definitely owed us!
And that's my story... :-)
6 comments:
What an interesting day at the park. Did you actually make people laugh?
I think people were definitely laughing AT us and not WITH us. Although, there were some people that thought we were laughing at them... all in all, I had fun but I wouldn't do that again.
Interesting...you crazy Canadians! =)
These people were actually "trained" to be "laughter certified" in Ohio... so, I dunno what that says about them Americans! :-)
People from Ohio are crazy too. See your uncle Frank for an example :)
ha!
Post a Comment