It's funny being a mom for the first time. You see your child start to develop and change and truly feel that your child is the first one to ever roll over... or the first to hold his head up or whatever it is. I understand that Cruz isn't the first to do these things, but it really does feel that way.
I know he's not speaking yet, but when he sees the kitties he tends to say "kees!" Sounds kinda close to kitties! Also he says "hi" once and a while, where it sounds like he is saying it like he knows exactly what it means. And then there's the "dadadada" and the "mem". He usually screams "mem" though. When he cries or whines he loves the letter "n". It's "n n n n n n n!" Pretty funny and cute. He's sitting at the key board with me right now trying to play with the keyboard. He's got some letters already. If you see anything that looks out of place, it's the baby's fault!
Cruz is now at the point of almost crawling, but getting really frustrated with himself that he can't get himself up. You can see the frustration on his face when he can't get closer to something.
He is still not sleeping through the night, which is frustrating for me and Rick. But, we're surviving.
Cruz is a ridiculous momma's boy. No one has the touch that I do with him! It's kinda nice to know that I'm the one he needs to comfort him, but at the same time, I don't get any kind of breaks because I'm the only one that can comfort him. At least comfort him without half an hour of screaming and crying like he does for every one else.
Other than keeping really busy with Cruz, life isn't too crazy these days, which is nice. We had some friends over for Super Bowl, and I realized that Cruz does NOT like bedtime when there are people in the house. It's also a bad idea to keep him up past his bedtime, which I'm realizing right now...
Sometimes I really need a break.
No comments:
Post a Comment