On facebook there's a "tag you're it" thing going around called "25 things you may not know about me"... if you're tagged, you're supposed to comply with it. I haven't been tagged, but thought I would do a blog about it anyways. I wonder if I can even come up with 25 things that people wouldn't know. I'm pretty transparent! Well, here goes nothing:
1. I really enjoy reading. It's something I don't have nearly enough time to do, but when I get myself into a good book, I can't put it down. A good book is FAR better than a good movie.
2. I can type pretty fast. It's something I love to do. I'm pretty sure I was the only kid in my class that enjoyed typing classes. Only, I was too shy to ever admit that. I didn't want to be the minority. So, I pretended to hate it.
3. I'm quite shy. I get really nervous meeting new people. I've gotten fairly good at talking to people from working in retail and around people for so many years, but it's all fake. I'm nervous as hell while I'm doing it!
4. I hate talking on the phone. Contrary to what people may think of me, I'm not a phone talker. The only person I can talk to on the phone for a long period of time, for no purpose at all, is Ashley. Even now I don't like to call her unless I have a reason to, but I have no problem for her to call me with no reason.
5. I'm a girl who really isn't into shoes or purses. I love clothes, but accessories have never been my thing. I've always felt like I should love those things, but I don't.
6. I wouldn't consider myself a picky eater, but others would. The truth of the matter is that I grew up not wanting to try new things, so I said I didn't like them. Now that I try them, I like most things. One thing that gets to me though is textures. I don't like the texture of grapes and oranges, but I do like the taste of them.
7. I hate socks. I will avoid socks if it's at all possible to. I wear my shoes without socks a lot, when I know I shouldn't since they get smelly! The only reason I wear socks is if I'm going outside and it's winter out. They come off as soon as they are in the house. Something about how they feel in between my toes gives me the heebie geebies!
8. I wish I knew more about what was going on in the world. I hate being ignorant about current events.
9. I have a short attention span. I think that contributes to number 8. I wish I could properly concentrate when I'm listening to speeches or lessons, but I can't. I try really hard but my mind always wanders.
10. Instead of counting sheep to fall asleep, I usually do one of 2 things. I either try to play a favorite movie (usually Labyrinth) in my head and try to remember every detail and line as if I were really watching it. Or I draw numbers in my head... as in I picture myself drawing the number.
11. I'm really not happy with the way I look and I don't think it's possible for me to. The only time I'm ever happy with myself is when I look back and see that I looked better than I thought.
12. My one and only true dream for myself has been to be a mom. I feel very fulfilled now that I am. Almost like it's too good to be true.
13. I love watching fish, but I'm too chicken to touch them.
14. Family has become so important to me in the last few years. This includes my mom, dad, brother, aunties, uncles, cousins and my grandma. I don't think I tell anyone nearly enough how much they mean to me.
15. My divorce was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. I hate the way certain things ended. One thing I know now is that we were never meant to be. I am so happy to have Rick. He and Cruz are the best things that's ever happened to me.
16. I ran over a curb when I went for my driver's license test and still passed. Go figure. I still run over curbs all the time and don't even realize it. I'm a safe driver though! :-)
17. I love music from the past. I guess mostly the 50's and beyond... it has so much more of a charm to it than music now. However, I do listen to current music and find myself dancing to it and enjoying it.
18. I have a very open mind. I try to see reason in everything and see as many sides as I can to whatever the issue is. That's one thing I really like about myself. I'm not judgmental and I hate to be judged in return.
19. I lose a lot of things. Not on purpose... but when I clean I like to organize. And my thoughts while organizing are usually just "where can I put this so it's not seen?" and then I put stuff in random places and keep no mental note of where it went.
20. I used to be able to go a day or 2 before realizing I hadn't eaten. Not so much anymore since I'm nursing and aware of the fact that I need to eat. Now I get hungry more than I used to too. Thus contributing to my weight gaining.
21. I feel like a stronger woman after giving birth. It really is an empowering thing. Awful, but empowering!
22. I love taking pictures. I wish I were good at it.
23. I love taking care of my home and family.
24. I love the feeling of my hair being pulled. It relaxes and puts me to sleep. I'd rather have my hair played with than be given a massage any day.
25. I love singing and wish I were good at it.
Whether you cared or not, there's 25 things :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment