Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A bit down

I find it kind of strange where my thoughts can lead to. The string of events that can lead to a certain thought.
I was watching a documentary called "The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters" a few days ago. It's basically about this guy who has had the highest score in the 1982 video game King Kong since 1983. That is until this other guy beat it in 2006, I think it was. It was pretty interesting and entertaining all together. They are some kind of nerd!! Haha!
A few days passed after watching this documentary, and I started to obsess myself with the very simple, but totally addicting game; snake. It's so simple and yet I can't play it that well. I find myself constantly trying to do better and better each time. I joked with Rick saying that "I'm off to beat the world record for snake now". And then it hit me... I'll never beat the world record. Then I realized, I'll never have a world record in anything. I'll never be able to boast the title of "worlds greatest" anything. There are things I'm good at, sure. But nothing I'm great at. Nothing I could compete doing and win. Not that life is all about being great at things or winning world title's by any means at all... It just all made me realize how very mediocre I am. I have pride in myself and my abilities in some things. I know there are things I can do well. It's all in how you look at it, I guess.
I guess I'm slightly down right now. Overall I'm very happy -- just a little down at the moment!

On a bit of a side note though -- I want to say that I am madly in love with Cruz and he gets and cuter and cuter and more lovable by the day. I can't believe I'm so lucky to have such a sweet little guy to love. I've had some hard days with him, but I am trying my hardest to be the mom he deserves. I think I do pretty good at that, most days! I've never known so much love for anyone as I do for Cruz. He's changed my life, that's for sure.

No comments: