I was about to feed Cruz some new food today. I was getting excited about doing it too. Since we don't have a high chair as of yet, I was going to set him down in his bumbo chair and get him all nicely fed, maybe take some cute pictures of him making faces or making a mess. As I'm grabbing for his bumbo chair, which was underneath the coffee table in the living room, I didn't have a second thought about really quickly grabbing it and setting it on top of the table. As I'm in mid grab, liquid goes flying all over the room. I look in his bumbo seat and there is cat pee in it. Not only just a little bit, but the bottom was FILLED with it.
I was in TOTAL shock about this since my cats have NEVER done anything like this before. I went into total germophobic clean up. I washed anything that might have even had a little bit of contact with pee as I had flung it around the room. SOO disgusting! There was A LOT of it!
After thinking about the possible motives my cats or cat might have had, I don't have proof that both would have done it, I realized that I have been incredibly neglectful of their litter boxes as they are in a room where I don't have to smell them. I decided to go check out their litter boxes... I nearly passed out. I have never let them get to that point before. I can't say I totally blame them for peeing else where. I am REALLY hoping that I'm right and it was the litter boxes being too dirty and not a new bad habit that they have started. I'm slightly nervous that there might be pee elsewhere in the house now too...
I'm still really disgusted though.... ugh.
Oh, and as for my feeding Cruz new food... I wound up nursing him. The chair was needing a good wash before I was sitting him in it to eat! I'm hoping to feed him some of the new food tonight. I'm still not totally decided on what I'm going to give him yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment