Saturday, May 10, 2008

Updates (if you can call them that)

There really hasn't been much excitement around here lately. The cats are wanting to kill each other, therefore making me want to kill them, as always. Rick is still allergic and always stuffed up because of them (I love him for his tolerance!). One of our "survivor" fish has just died. The little catfish was the one survivor left after a year of living with a big bully that has killed around 10 other bully fish.
I am the same! Still getting bigger, still loving having the baby kick me. He really seems to go crazy when I'm in a room with really loud music!
I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and now for the second appointment in a row, my dr. still can't hear the heart beat. She says it's probably just his position, but it bothers me. I feel him kicking me all the time, so I'm not letting it concern me too much... but now if I go a while without noticing him kick me, I worry. When I went for my ultra sound at 18 weeks, they told me that the baby was sitting breach. That could have something to do with it too, I guess. I have one of those fetal heart monitors at home that I bought at Toys R Us. It straps on to your belly and you can listen in with head phones. I haven't heard his heart beat at home either, but I also haven't tried in a while now.
One big reassurance I've had since I've been 25 weeks is that if the baby for whatever reason had to be born now, he could probably survive. He'd be in the hospital for a while, but he could survive! I feel like I've reached a "safe point."
I've been crazy at home nesting and sorting things out, organizing, getting rid of things, making room... etc etc. I don't have the baby room set up yet because there's still a lot of big things in there I need hauled away. Rick keeps on asking me "what's the hurry?". I just want to be prepared, just in case the baby does come early, then I can have a ready place for him! I know the baby doesn't care -- but I do!!

No comments: