Sunday, May 18, 2008

27 Weeks and Feeling Mostly Good!

This morning before work I asked Rick to take my "27 week" picture. I stood and posed for it then he started taking more shots and I started posing more just to goof off. He always says I'm a poser for pictures, so I thought it would be fun to prove him right! He was actually trying to get a more candid photo of me and it didn't really work... :-) I thought I'd post the pictures of my "photo shoot"...


... and if you're wondering why I have a towel on the floor in front of fish tank... there is a good answer for that. It's leaking! Not lots at a time. Just slowly dripping from the bottom corner. We'll probably wind up getting a nicer new tank. Like I've said before, Rick loves his fish. I asked Rick if he wants to get rid of the fish in that tank altogether, to which he said "do I ask you to get rid of your pets?". Fair enough. And, if you've noticed in the photos that we have 2 tanks set up, we can't combine the fish. One tank has teeth and the other tank doesn't. Well, they do but further back in their mouths, but it still makes for an unfair advantage.

These days I'm feeling mostly good. My back is my biggest complaint. Even though I sit at work quite a bit, my back still winds up killing me by the end of the day. I'm thinking I might have to take an earlier maternity leave than I had expected to. The plan was to take mat leave on July 2nd, which I thought was already too early. I don't know if my body will let me make it till then. I've started getting heart burn which is unpleasant, but not unbearable. The baby is starting to kick harder and harder by the day. I love that part! It's fun to know he's there and letting me know about it!
I'm still happy and nesting and loving this whole experience and am really glad to have a wonderful man to share it with!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You look good, Ruth! Since you're only going to get bigger, you might check out a maternity belt thing that helps hold your belly up a little to lessen back pain. I've heard they're nice. Also, my OB let me take Pepcid AC every 12 hours...it helped me SO much b/c I had terrible heartburn both times. Just a thought.