Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thanks a lot, dad!

Every Saturday, or at least almost every Saturday, my parents come in for the day to watch Cruz while Rick and I are at work. I appreciate it more than they know. They play with Cruz and spoil him all day long. However, this makes for a cranky baby the next day when he doesn't have the constant spoils of the grandparents...
Like last Saturday my dad thought it would be lots of fun to stick Cruz in his toy box to play. Cruz loved it, my dad thought it was hilarious and my mom ratted him out to me. The mess when I got home was something to behold though. I'm not sure there were any toys left in his toy box (it's a big toy box!!). At home the rule is usually if one thing gets taken out of the toy box, one thing has to go back in, so this game doesn't work so well for me and the house rules..
The next day Cruz kept on standing at his toy box with his leg up on the edge trying to get in, and crying at me to let him in. I wasn't giving in. Today there was a toy of his sitting in front of the toy box to give him the lift he needed to pull himself in...

He was pretty proud of his accomplishments... can you see the piano stool that he climbed up on? *note to self, don't leave stools in front of the toy box*


Everything is a hat, it doesn't matter what it is.

He was able to climb out himself too... he makes quite the mess.

No comments: