Well, Cruz is 16 months old now. Since his first birthday I've stopped taking monthly photos. I didn't intend on doing that, but I plan to start again when he's 17 months.
*Cruz knows where his feet and toes are and will show me when I ask. He knows his hands, tummy and head but doesn't show me when I ask him. He just knows to give me his hands when I put his mitts on, he knows his tummy when he's about to be tickled and knows his head and every body elses heads when he puts hats, socks, boxes and whatever else he can find on them.
*Cruz still doesn't really speak. He points and says "hm" a lot for what he wants. His communication is surprisingly good despite his lack or words. At least I know he understands what I'm saying.
(This was his dad's doing... icing and arrow root cookies!)
*Cruz loves to close doors. You can ask him to close a door and he always does it without hesitation and very often just does it on his own.
*Cruz loves to help me in the house with whatever I'm doing. He helps me clean out the dishwasher by handing me one thing at a time. He helps me cook by sitting on my hip and holding a spoon. He helps me vacuum by running around and yelling at the vacuum. Okay, I don't know if that's really helping, but it's pretty funny! He's helps me sweep by stomping in the piles of dirt... he hates it when his cheerios get swept up.
(Cruz was helping his uncle and brother use the hand held air pump to blow up a chair... his favorite was having the air blown in his face!)
*I no longer need to use a baby gate. He doesn't go upstairs on his own (usually) and is quite well behaved that way.
*He loves to stick his hands down his pants. This is my least favorite of all his accomplishments so far. He's absolutely disgusted when he digs up his poo's too. He comes crying to us, holding his hand out like it's the grossest thing ever. And he's right. It really is! This has been happening on almost a daily basis. One of the most common phrases around here is "Get your hands out of your pants!"
(don't worry, this isn't poop, it's just chocolate. Although there have been instances when his face looks like this and it IS poop!)
*Cruz loves it you say "where's Cruzy?" and he'll immediately stick his hands up over his eyes and hold them there until he thinks he can scare you by taking them down and making a cute noise. So cute!
*He goes to bed at 8pm and wakes up around 8:30am, which is pretty sweet. He also takes 2 hour long naps a day too which is doubly sweet! I know this phase won't last for long. I can already tell he's almost done with at least 1 of the naps... but I'll take it while I've got it!

*Cruz is still almost always the most well behaved when we're out in public. I love it!
*Cruz has discovered the fun of drawing now. We got him some bath crayons and he makes his masterpiece's every morning in the bath. I'm actually quite impressed with how well he's picked up on the whole concept. He's only tried to eat the crayon once so far...
*Cruz knows where his feet and toes are and will show me when I ask. He knows his hands, tummy and head but doesn't show me when I ask him. He just knows to give me his hands when I put his mitts on, he knows his tummy when he's about to be tickled and knows his head and every body elses heads when he puts hats, socks, boxes and whatever else he can find on them.
*Cruz still doesn't really speak. He points and says "hm" a lot for what he wants. His communication is surprisingly good despite his lack or words. At least I know he understands what I'm saying.
*Cruz loves to close doors. You can ask him to close a door and he always does it without hesitation and very often just does it on his own.
*Cruz loves to help me in the house with whatever I'm doing. He helps me clean out the dishwasher by handing me one thing at a time. He helps me cook by sitting on my hip and holding a spoon. He helps me vacuum by running around and yelling at the vacuum. Okay, I don't know if that's really helping, but it's pretty funny! He's helps me sweep by stomping in the piles of dirt... he hates it when his cheerios get swept up.
*I no longer need to use a baby gate. He doesn't go upstairs on his own (usually) and is quite well behaved that way.
*He loves to stick his hands down his pants. This is my least favorite of all his accomplishments so far. He's absolutely disgusted when he digs up his poo's too. He comes crying to us, holding his hand out like it's the grossest thing ever. And he's right. It really is! This has been happening on almost a daily basis. One of the most common phrases around here is "Get your hands out of your pants!"
*Cruz loves it you say "where's Cruzy?" and he'll immediately stick his hands up over his eyes and hold them there until he thinks he can scare you by taking them down and making a cute noise. So cute!
*He goes to bed at 8pm and wakes up around 8:30am, which is pretty sweet. He also takes 2 hour long naps a day too which is doubly sweet! I know this phase won't last for long. I can already tell he's almost done with at least 1 of the naps... but I'll take it while I've got it!
*Cruz is still almost always the most well behaved when we're out in public. I love it!
*Cruz has discovered the fun of drawing now. We got him some bath crayons and he makes his masterpiece's every morning in the bath. I'm actually quite impressed with how well he's picked up on the whole concept. He's only tried to eat the crayon once so far...
*Cruz loves exploring... whether it's a laundry basket, his toy box or a tiny little box, he'll find a way to get himself where ever he's got to go!
2 comments:
That is what Grandpa's are for - to let them get away with things that you won't. It comes pretty naturally to your DAd.
You're absolutely right, Carlean!!
Mary
Post a Comment