I realized I hadn't painted in nearly 2 years, so I was wondering if I still knew where to find all of my supplies, especially since we just moved. Turns out I'm more organized than I thought and everything was all in one box! Go me!
They were fun to do. I realized, or more so it got pointed out to me, that once I start something I get obsessed with it. I get it in my head that it has to get finished and my mind won't rest until it's done. I'm the same way with house work! No time for hugs or anything that might distract me from getting that floor clean or those dishes done! I'm wondering if I have a bit of OCD at times? Oh well. At least I get stuff done when I say I will (mostly!).
Of all the pictures I did though, I'm least happy with the frog. The green paint wasn't very good and it didn't go on the canvas very well. Oh well... Now I'm excited to go and buy some frames for them.
I'm not sure if I'm inspired to do any more paintings for a little while. But, I don't buy much for art work for the walls since I always tell myself that I could paint whatever it is that I'm liking, yet I rarely ever do. Perhaps I should get myself motivated to paint more again!
4 comments:
Holy moly, you painted that all by yourself?! Did you have stencils or is it all free-hand? Wow, that looks great!
Those look good, Ruth!!! You are a good painter, and artist.
I did them free hand, but I was looking at pictures to do them. I'm not creative enough to figure that out on my own! haha! I'm better at copy catting than coming up with my own stuff!
And... thanks!
Ruth - those are goregous - why aren't you out selling those?
Post a Comment