Friday, March 13, 2009

Curtains

A while ago I had found some fabric on the Ikea website that I thought would be really cool for curtains. However, I wasn't able to order it online and the closest Ikea store is about 8 hours away. Lame. My parents, thankfully, were able to drive through Calgary at stop at Ikea on their way to Fairmont to pick up that fabric. Below is the sample I had seen on the Ikea website, and thought that the design was going to be about that big, or maybe a bit bigger in person.My mom brought by the fabric to show me what it looked like to make sure I was still liking it and it wasn't quite what I thought it would be, but told her to go ahead and sew it up anyways.
The design was MUCH bigger than I thought it would be based on the picture I had seen. Last Sunday my parents came by and my handy daddy hung the curtains for me. After seeing them up for a while, I LOVE them! I think they look kinda retro in a fun way... they inspire me to do some more paintings for the house!
The first picture I took during the day and the second one I took at night. What I normally would have done when taking the pictures was to clear the clutter off of the sofa and end table, but I was too lazy. That's how it always looks though... On the sofa is my nursing pillow and baby blankets. On the end table is the remote and PS3 controller that I normally have put away. The baby swing is on the left, but we don't use it anymore. I need to take it apart and put it into storage... There are so many things I need to do!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Wow, they are bold and beautiful! Love them!