Well, as my last post says -- I'm engaged now! It came as such a big, wonderful surprise. Rick isn't sure how he's going to one-up himself for my next birthday! Last year we took a little trip to Edmonton, Alberta for lots of fun and shopping, this year he proposes. He's giving himself a lot to live up to every year.
So, here's the "proposal" story for any of you who are curious:
As I had mentioned in a previous post on my birthday, we had bought a new tv and were getting it delivered later that day. After the tv came, I was sitting on the couch and had the breast pump on me milking myself. Rick set everything up to the tv, including our other computer, which was the way it was before. When Rick finished all the hooking up of everything, he handed me the remote and told me to see how it all looks. I was excited and started flipping channels, then Rick says "you should see what the computer looks like on this tv", so I flipped the computer input and glanced at the screen. It took me a minute to take in what I saw. There was a big picture of a ring and he wrote "Happy Birthday, we love you. So uhmmm.... you wanna marry me?" It didn't click in what was happening right aways, then I looked over and Rick who was teary eyed and I knew...then I realized I was still pumping myself and couldn't get the breast pump off of myself! That was a bit comical, I'm crying and trying to get to Rick to give him a hug and trying to pry the breast pump off of me at the same time!
So, that's the story! I don't have the ring yet, it's still waiting to arrive and get sized, but it's beautiful from the picture I saw! Right now I'm wearing the last ring he gave me on my ring finger. We're both really happy and excited.
As for when we plan on getting married... most likely next summer. The plan of going to Vegas and getting married has been discussed. They have some really nice wedding packages! Not just the cheesy theme wedding chapels! We'll see though. We might get married here too so all the family can be here. We have lots of time to decide.
1 comment:
I love the story. This will be something to share with Cruz as he gets older. You seem happy and settled which is good so I'm happy for you.
I can see you getting married by Elvis in Vegas.
Post a Comment