Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2 Month Check In



My Cruzy turns 2 months old today! After taking about 20 pictures, I only got one smile. He was not impressed with me.
Cruz has been doing great. He has so much leg and neck strength already. He's going to love a jolly jumper! He has started cooing and babbling more. It's so neat to watch them try to make words and move their lips to imitate what they see. I never miss an opportunity to babble with him!
He's nearly 13lbs now. It's been a while since we've weighed him though. That's something I always forget to do.
Night times have been getting better lately. He has been doing really well at falling asleep on his own. He doesn't do it all the time, but fairly often. His first sleep will usually last for 4 hours or more then he wakes up to eat and falls right back to sleep. I've started nursing him while I'm laying down in bed during the night which I think has been what's making night times easier. I can sleep while I feed him and he falls asleep when he's done eating. It's a win-win situation! He'll usually wake up 1 or 2 more times and repeat the same routine. Lately with no crying at all!
He wakes up with a big smile on his face. There's nothing better to wake up to than a smiling, happy baby! Right after he wakes up, it's his bath time. He loves his bath time and has never cried during one bath. Or diaper change, for that matter. Any excuse for him to be naked -- he'll never cry if he has no diaper on! After his bath, he'll usually nap for an hour or so which gives me a chance to get things done. During the day it's hit and miss if he'll nap for long or not, so I still don't get too much done during the day. I wait for Rick to get home from work before I can do much.
Another thing that's been really neat is watching Cruz watch me. He's started looking for me if anyone else is holding him. He follows my gaze really well and moves his head from side to side if I'm moving.
It's so neat watching him do anything for the first time, no matter how insignificant. Like when he was grabbing for some toys in front of him... doesn't seem like a big deal, but it really was -- to me, anyways!


No comments: