Friday, June 13, 2008

31 Weeks With No Stretchies!


I woke up this morning and had a bit of a scary moment. I thought I saw stretch marks on my belly. Thankfully they were just marks from the sheets and pj's. I realized in that moment how much I don't want stretch marks. I tripled up my daily belly lotion and oil this morning. I realized in that moment that I wanted to take a picture of my actual belly before I get any stretch marks. This way I can remember I made it to at least 31 weeks with no marks. Except of course the ones on my boobs. Those I can deal with. The funny thing is, I've never worn a bikini in public, nor have I ever really wanted to. I keep my belly really well hidden, so I don't know why I care about stretch marks on it.
As you can see my belly button still hasn't fully popped, but it's getting there. I find I play with it a lot!
I only have 12 more days of work left. I can not wait to sit and put my feet up and be done with work for a year. The feet being up will only be until the baby comes of course. I imagine I won't have much time for sitting around and taking it easy after the baby arrives!!

P.S
THERE'S A BABY IN MY BELLY!!! HOLY CRAP!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Wow, you should model that thing! =) I didn't get any stretch marks with Callie, but my sweet boy gave me just a few b/c he sat so low...oh well...It's the price we pay for sweet babies! So, are you taking a year off or is that how long maternity leave is? I think I heard Canada has longer than the 12 weeks we're allowed...

Ruth Thiessen said...

Haha :-) Thanks!
Maternity leave in Canada is a year... I'm very thankful for that.
I believe it works out to be 65% of my income that I get for 52 weeks. One of the benefits to being in Canada, I suppose!
By the way... did you use any creams during your pregnancy for the stretch marks? Right now I'm using a cocoa butter lotion once a day, a belly cream from a website I found, and Bio Oil once a day. Maybe a bit over kill?

Andrea said...

Not fair! That's awesome that you get 65% of your income, though. You Canadians must realize how important it is to take care of your little one that first year---that way you don't miss a thing! As for creams, I used cocoa butter (Palmers) faithfully, but the nurses at the hospital told me even though that might make me feel better, it's more based on genetics as to whether you'll get stretch marks or not...I guess ask your mom if she got any, then you'll be more prepared for the possibility. =/ =)

Andrea said...

ps I forgot to tell you that my belly button never popped out---it just kept getting wider and wider, but never popped. So it may not happen...???