For the last week or so, my stubborn child has given in to the potty. He has been using his potty off and on for about a year now, but not consistently. He'd show interest, use it, get rewarded and then forget about it. There have been days when we've begged him to use the potty. Those were some of the worst days EVER. I gave up on that. Didn't want to make him hate or dread the potty.
I'm not sure what did it, but I guess he decided he's ready now. Especially in the last few days. Especially tonight! He has been using the potty as soon as he wakes up in the morning, and then comes and wakes us up...this has it's ups and downs. He comes into the bedroom half naked and that means one of us HAS to get up to get him pampered. Not great for sleeping in, but great for good habits. He hasn't been great about using the potty during the day and certainly doesn't want to be reminded. We've been putting him in the training diapers and he really enjoys pulling them up himself. Since this is all still so new I haven't tried having him in regular underwear yet. If he's going so well with his trainers or even his regular diapers, I think underwear is the next step. Maybe even the step we'll take tomorrow! I'm optimistic. He's even trying to go number 2 in the potty. Or at least catching himself when he starts to go in his diapers and runs to the potty to try and do the rest.
The down side AND up side to Cruz using the potty SO often (especially tonight, it was about 4 times in less than 2 hours) is that this makes me run a lot of stairs! I like to get more exercise in my every day life, but I'm so tired these days that running up and down all the stairs to the bathroom with him is very exhausting on me! Small price to pay though. Very small price to pay! And for whatever reason he decided that tonight he didn't want to wash him hands in the bathroom sink, but that he'd much rather pull a kitchen chair up to the kitchen sink to wash him hands. At least he's wanting to wash them...
1 comment:
Good job Cruz - you probably wouldn't mind all the running if you weren't so pregnant.
Post a Comment