
I've found it true what everyone has been telling me about Cruz or more so babies in general. That one day they just surprise you and start talking... I wouldn't say Cruz uses his words all the time, but more often than not he's trying SO hard to talk and use his words! It's so neat!! In the last few days he's been adding more and more words to his vocabulary. We ordered pizza the other night and when he saw the boxes he pointed and said "peets" which took us totally by surprise with cuteness and the fact he knew what pizza was! One of my most heart melting moments with Cruz so far was about a week ago when I was tucking him into bed. I had got him in bed, pulled the blankets over him and in a sort of sing songy voice said "love you". He then, in the best way he could, tried to repeat what I was saying. It came out "ha hoo" and with the same sing songy voice I was using too. We did this back and forth for a few minutes before I finally closed the door to let him sleep. It was definitely a heart melting moment for me! And lastly I'll end this with a cute story from today. So, as I had just arrived at work there was a phone call from Rick, and this is how the conversation went:
Rick: (in a frustrated voice) Guess what your baby just did?
Me: Uh oh... what did he do?
Rick: Well, first he escaped on me...
Me: That doesn't sound good
Rick: He went upstairs...
Me: Oh no. What did he get into?
Rick: He ripped his diaper off...
Me: (with ultimate dread of what I was going to hear) Ohhh nooo...... what did he do??
Rick: Then he went and sat on his potty and peed.
Me: WHAT?? He peed on the potty??
Rick: Yep, he did it all by himself. He even dumped his potty into the big potty and wiped himself up!
I had to try to hold back tears, I was so excited!!
Rick: (in a frustrated voice) Guess what your baby just did?
Me: Uh oh... what did he do?
Rick: Well, first he escaped on me...
Me: That doesn't sound good
Rick: He went upstairs...
Me: Oh no. What did he get into?
Rick: He ripped his diaper off...
Me: (with ultimate dread of what I was going to hear) Ohhh nooo...... what did he do??
Rick: Then he went and sat on his potty and peed.
Me: WHAT?? He peed on the potty??
Rick: Yep, he did it all by himself. He even dumped his potty into the big potty and wiped himself up!
I had to try to hold back tears, I was so excited!!
3 comments:
Great job Cruz!
WOW! He's potty training himself!
Grandma
WOW! He's ppotty training himself!
Mom
Post a Comment