Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Things and things

Have I mentioned how much I hate moving?! It's seriously feeling like it's never going to end. I spent 2 hours today at the old place getting things cleaned up. It really should only take one more car load to get everything out and then I need to finish cleaning the whole thing up.
This was the packing mess we made before getting out of there.

On a nicer topic, we had a nice thanksgiving. We went to Rick's sisters place for a great meal. Since it's a big family there is always a ton of food! I made some pumpkin pies and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to bring along. This was my second time making pumpkin pie and it turned out quite good. I actually surprised myself at how good they were.
These were the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I made.Cruz has been quite exceptionally happy these days. Maybe it just feels since way from the stark contrast from before. He was miserable. Mi-ser-a-ble. I was at my wits end with that child. Thankfully it didn't last forever and Rick was a great help with taking over when he got home from work.

One of the cool things about this new place is that the main floor has basically 2 living rooms. I think it's considered living room plus den. At first I was like "what the heck am I going to do with 2 spaces like that?" and then it hit me. Cruz has a ton of toys and could use his own space besides his bedroom for a place to play. It's really not a "done" space yet, but it'll make do for now. I'd like to paint and wall mount the tv, but this will do for now. It keeps Cruz happy and it keeps the toys out of the living room, which makes me happy!Since we've moved I've noticed that Cruz has had a new fascination of shoes. Well, I shouldn't say it's a new fascination, but at the other place there was a entrance with a door to put shoes in to keep them away from stinkin baby hands. This place doesn't have that luxery so the shoes just go in front of the door. So, I keep on finding him playing with my work shoes, but when I go to take a picture he runs away. Probably wise, as I would use it to embarass him when he gets older!



No comments: