Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Our newest addition

I am pleased to announce the new arrival of Percy the Pleco into our family. He is a 3 year old plecostomas that is 13" long.
Percy's former owner needed to get rid of him (although I'm pretty sure it's a she) because she had a tiny little 20 gallon tank for a big 13" pleco. She got him as a baby and knew nothing about how big these guys can get. She felt so bad for him that she put him on kijiji to get a new owner with a big tank for him. Thankfully Rick and I have just the tank! I LOVE pleco's. Always have. They are so ugly that it makes them cute. We had 2 large pleco's growing up that I loved, which lasted for many, many years. They were named Gus and Jaws, I think. We already currently have 2 pleco's. One is about 7" and the other one is maybe an inch. I love those pleco's too and can't wait for them to grow big, but I couldn't wait so we got another big guy!

No comments: