Thursday, July 30, 2009

What is wrong with this world?

I feel so overwhelmed by all of the stories I read every day. On a daily basis I check the local news paper website as well as Yahoo! Canada and USA news. I usually just read the main stories to get a feel of what's going on in the world. Sometimes the stories are purely entertainment, then there's the stories I've been reading about lately.
The first story I read yesterday was about a man who was caught on tape having sex with a horse. Not only was he caught having sex with this horse, he had been caught a few years previous by the owners with the same horse. He was registered as a sex offender then. The owners of the horse suspected this was happening again when the horse was getting infections and things in the stable were being moved around. They put up surveilence cameras, and sure enough it was the same guy with the same horse. The owners caught the man and held him at gun point until the police arrived. I feel like this story should have some kind of punch line... but the story in itself is bizarre enough, I think!
I didn't read this story, but Rick told me about it. I'm surprised he even read it since he doesn't like reading about tragic stories, especially when they involve children. This is all I know of the story as I don't want to hear any kind of details. A woman killed her child and ate the brain. What is wrong with someone to do a thing like this?
Just a few minutes ago I read a story about an 8 month pregnant woman found dead in her appartment. If that's not terrible enough that someone could murder a pregnant woman, the baby was missing from her womb. It turns out the baby was kidnapped and the lady that took the baby was claiming that she had given birth to the baby herself. Thankfully she was caught. I believe she's been caught anyways.
I'm so sickened by all of it. It's just not right that we have to share this world with people like that.

2 comments:

mthiessen said...

I agree!! How can people do the things they do, and when it involves kids, I feel very sad.

Unknown said...

well now u know why i never read the paper or watch the news it just makes me sick to my stomach that this shit goes on and the justice people don't really do nothing other then maybe claim they are sick and need professional help and put them all together in one place, the psych ward or something!!! it's just stupid what people do every day!!!