Saturday, July 25, 2009

11 Months and whatnot!


I can now officially announce that my baby can walk! I can't believe it. He's starting to finally get brave! He can take about 2-3 steps at a time. He's also getting braver at just standing with no support as well. It's so neat to see him grow up and develop all of these new skills.

Cruz also seems to be developing in some language skills as well. He says "dat" all the time. I'm pretty sure he's saying "that" because he points at stuff and says "dat". The other morning after Cruz woke up, I brought him into the bedroom with me and Rick. Cruz was just laying between us and looking at Rick saying "hey... hey... dad", and when he said "dad", Rick opened his eyes and said "what?" and Cruz just giggled at him. It was the cutest thing!

Another game that Cruz loves is "PEEK!". He'll put stuff either in front of his face or my face and then pull it down with a huge smile. You're supposed to say "peek!" every time. The other morning while Cruz and I were hanging out in bed we were playing "peek" with one of his board books. I was laying on the bed and he was putting the book right in front of my face and pulling it down and I'd say "peek". After a little while of playing this game, Cruz got clever. He put the book in front of my face, and when I had the pull the book down myself I noticed he made his way almost half off the bed. When he realized I had caught him, he just giggled and laughed away. I'm not sure why, but Cruz has this thing with trying to go head first off of the bed. He's done it once, and I'm hoping only once. He still tries though...

Sorry I don't have more picture updates. My camera got left in Grand Rapids. I miss it! This 11 month picture was taken with a crappy old camera of Rick's. It's a battery hog so I'm not really using it at all. Thankfully I have the video camera to capture moments, but I just can't share anything from that until the computer has some updates done.

1 comment:

Carlean said...

Uncle Jimmy will disappointed that he didn't get Cruz to walk when he had him - I know he promised you he would wait until he got home.