On July 15th, I officially ended my maternity leave with Cruz. Was that a hard day for me? Actually, no it wasn't that particular day! Cruz was awful all day long. My shift began at 5pm and I couldn't wait.
That being said, that night I came home and bawled my eyes out because I realized that everything was changing. I no longer will be able to be there for Cruz all day long, I won't be able to have a flexible schedule anymore. Even though I'm only working part time, it feels like it might as well be full time.
I've now worked 4 shifts. I have to say it feels good to make money again. It's a nice feeling of usefulness. I'm also so grateful that I got to go back to my old place of work and I didn't have to start a new job or go to a new location. I miss Cruz a lot while at work though. I've had to miss his bed time the last 4 nights. Last night Rick brought Cruz in to see me at work so I could give him a "nigh nigh" kiss. I didn't want to give him up! I even wound up changing Cruz's diaper while I was at work and didn't mind a bit! :-)
It's going to take me a while to adjust to this new life. I know I can do it. I'm just going to be emotional for a while!
No comments:
Post a Comment