Friday, June 5, 2009

Summer time


It feels like I've been so busy lately, but when I stop and look back and try to figure out what it is I've been doing, I have no idea! It also seems that I'm forgetting things very frequently. Normally if I forget something I can eventually remember whatever it is when I stop and think about it (after being reminded, of course)... but lately, I've been just plain forgetting things. Things have been just going out of my memory completely. Two of the most notable events of forgetfulness for me have been:
1) A few weeks ago it was in the news how Bob Barker was speaking out and trying to be the expert about some elephants in a Canadian zoo. He was saying that they were dying or being mistreated or whatever it was. I find it really irritating when celebrities think they all of a sudden they're all knowing... Anyways, I brought it up with Rick in the car one day and was telling him about the story. He told me I had already told him and that we had already discussed this. I really thought he was pulling my leg, but after discussing it further, I realized he was right... as much as I hate to admit that!
2) Last Saturday me and Cruz went out to my parents place for the day. I was in a bit of a rush getting everything ready in the morning. I remember thinking that I needed to pack sunscreen for Cruz and looking all over the house for it. I remember thinking that I had no idea where it was and was annoyed that I would have to buy more. So, at my parents place I wasn't able to spend too much time outside with Cruz since he didn't have any sunscreen which was really annoying since it was a beautiful day. A few days ago I was going through a bag that I packed that morning with fabric for a craft I'm making for Cruz and found the sunscreen sitting at the bottom. I have NO memory at all of packing it. I even had packed the camera, and I was also kicking myself at my parents for not bringing the camera... when apparently it had been sitting in a bag there all along.
Am I losing my mind because I'm too busy to remember little things like that? I've always been a forgetful type of person, some might say "airhead" but I won't go that far! I suppose lack of sleep and trying to manage taking care of a cute little crawling, getting into everything baby have finally caught up to me. So, I'm sorry to anyone I've perhaps offended by forgetting to call you back, or show up for something or to bring to do something for anyone. I'm really not a jerk like that!! :-)

The biggest thing on my mind these days is the upcoming trip I'm taking with my parents down to the states to see lots of the family. I'm SOO excited to see everyone. In the last year I've had 6 cousins have new babies, and I think I'm going to be
able to see all of them! I can't wait to see how Cruz interacts with all of his little cousins (2nd cousins technically?). My biggest concern about this trip is the travelling. We're making a 30 hour drive to get down there. Cruz loves car rides, but will he still love car rides after this?? I've been constantly trying to think about all of the possible obstacles we may have and what I need to have on hand to help over come them. Whatever happens will happen though. I know I have the strength in me to handle whatever it is that comes our way. Just reminding myself that I have the strength in me to handle something is most often all I need to get myself through whatever challenges I'm facing. I have to say, that has worked incredibly well for me through the years dealing with the different things I've had to deal with. Sorry, I got a little side tracked there!

On a Cruz update note, he has started to clap as of yesterday, which is super cute. Today he played "PEEK!" with my mom while putting a pillow in front of
his face and pulling it down to give big smiles and see my mom's reaction. He'll also play "PEEK!" by pulling himself up on the coffee table and lowering himself down to hide. He loves sticking out his tongue and spitting all the time now and he's started giving big, wet baby kisses! He continues to gain confidence and strength as he pulls himself up on sofas, tables, chairs, toys, the fish tank (don't worry, it's safe!), our legs or whatever else he can possibly find. He's also a crazy kicker. He kicks anything that's in his path. The funniest is when he kicks the cats! He also loves chasing his balls all over the room. He's kind of like a puppy some days!


This is Cruz and his friend Ethan who is 3 weeks older than Cruz. Watching them play together is SO cute! This picture wasn't set up, Cruz just sat himself right now on Ethan's lap!

No comments: