Friday, December 19, 2008

Getting things done!

This is the season for stress, spending money, resolutions... if you're lucky you get to enjoy the good parts of the season which are family, friends and good times.
I've been trying really hard to try and enjoy the season and feel festive. I spent last Saturday with my mom doing tons of Christmas baking, which was fun. My dad watched Cruz while we were in the kitchen. I think he enjoyed that, but there were a few times when Cruz just needed his mommy for a while. What can I say, the boy loves his mommy! :-) We were all pretty tired by the end of the day. I brought some of the baking home with me that I've been thoroughly enjoying.
A few days after that I went to a bake swap at a co workers house, which was fun. I really enjoy getting out of the house and visiting. I came home with lots of baking to add to the tons I already had at home. Needless to say, almost every trip to the kitchen ends with a treat. This is doing nothing to make me feel better about the weight that I put on after Cruz. I really need to start working out! I do have a Wii Fit that we bought while I was pregnant that I should try using... It depressed me to use it while I was pregnant... it told me that I was overweight! haha! I did use it after I had the baby, and it was nice to be told that I weighed 20lbs less!
All month I've been slowly trying to pack up the house. Turns out we get possession on the 22nd (Monday) which will be nice. I'm so excited to get out of this basement. I'm so done with upstairs neighbors making the most foul smelling food you can imagine. I don't know what ethnicity they are or what it is that they are making... but to put into perspective the food that they are cooking, I'll tell you a little story. One night while Rick was sitting beside me on the sofa and Cruz was sitting on my lap I got a whiff of something. I accused Rick of his feet being smelly, but they weren't. I checked Cruz's diaper to see if it was him. It wasn't. It was the food that they cook upstairs. And when they make this food, it engulfs the house in this awful smell. Rick will literally whiff his socks and hockey gear to get the smell of their food out of his nose! I light scented candles to help hide the scent, but it's often too strong to be masked by scented candles. It's pretty awful. Anyone have any idea what spice they would be using? The other night we left the house to go to the crowded malls just to get out of stench. And no, it's not curry. We've had upstairs neighbors that cook with curry, and I'd rather go back to that! Ah, but I digress.
It will also be nice to not live in a basement and be able to see the sunshine, and to be able to control our own heat and have a washer and dryer to ourselves. Not to mention having more space and storage. It won't be cheaper, but it will be worth every penny.
I've been really trying not to let myself get overwhelmed with everything that needs to get done. It only works for a moment, then I get stressed again. I'm a bit of a neat freak and I like things to be tidy and put away. It makes me clausterphobic (sp?) when I'm in a messy space. I feel trapped and like I can't function. So, living in a house full of boxes and worrying about what needs to be packed and organized doesn't work well for me. It'll all be over soon!
Cruz has been doing great. I fall a little more in love with him every day. He's such a sweet heart. Rick has gotten really good at getting Cruz to laugh really hard. He sounds like a squeeze toy when he laughs hard. There is probably some teething going on as well since he's drooling and sucking on things a lot. He's also had a few really fussy days where I wind up crying on his shoulder! I'm wondering how things will go trying to move, unpack and deal with baby. Thank goodness for family and friends who are offering their help!

No comments: