I'm very quickly learning that I can't expect every day to be the same with Cruz! Some days he's a quiet, perfect angel (that's the only side that my mom has seen so far) and then other days he is fussy and needs his mommy ALL day! Lately he's been eating a lot more, which is fine, I understand that babies go through days of growth and need to eat more often. My day is already a write off on those days, but when he needs to eat so often AND won't let me put him down so he can sleep... those are the harder days. I'll feed him, burp him, get him to fall asleep and put him down in his crib, then 5 minutes later he'll be screaming to be held. I'm not entirely sure when my nap time is supposed to be during these days. Not that I nap on a good day anyways... I tried to let him cry it out for a few minutes today, but I couldn't handle the level of freak out he was having. Currently he's lying in his bouncy seat with the vibration on and he's asleep. It did take an hour of me making the chair rock with my foot to get him to fall asleep though. Well, to get him to fall fast enough asleep that I could stop rocking him without him waking up.
With all of that being said, I still love being a mommy! I really love this feeling of being so needed and relied on. It gets stressful, but it still beats being at work!!
One thing I really need to work on is eating. Not only eating, but eating better. But, it's really easy to go all day and realize that you hadn't eaten. Especially when Cruz is going through his needing to be held all day phase, I have no idea how I'm supposed to make myself anything. And, when I do snack during the day, I need to get something better than cookies and snacks to eat.
I guess I could be eating right now instead of blogging... but, I don't know what to make! Perhaps Cruz and I will take a walk to Subway after he wakes up... :-D
1 comment:
hi ruth! cruz looks like a little cuddler! you sound like mommy-hood is coming so naturally! its okay to do whatever you have to in order to survive these early months...and get a little sleep! you are looking great! it'll be fun when our little ones get to meet some day! thinking of you lots! you are doing a great job as a mommy!
Post a Comment