Thursday, September 4, 2008

No original title... just Cruz and my life with him!

The nurse came by today again to check on Cruz and see how he and I are doing. It was another great visit. Cruz is gaining weight like crazy, which makes me feel like I'm doing something right for him. He's now 9 lbs 8 oz. Such a big boy!! He's 13 days old today. Is it weird that I'm already sad that he's getting older and bigger already? I'm trying to enjoy all of the cuddle time I can with him while it lasts. Rick keeps on telling me how corny I am... like the other day we decided to go for a little walk and I got all sentimental that it was our first "family" walk together. I some days find myself just looking at Cruz and start crying because he's so beautiful and I love him so much. I guess I'm not done being hormonal yet :-)
Yesterday I decided to go the mall with Cruz by myself and had Rick put the stroller in the truck for me in preparation. I realized after I got to the mall that it had been about 4 months since I had put together the stroller and hadn't used it since then. Thankfully I was smart enough to put the instruction manual in the stroller... however, I wasn't smart enough to remember that I put it there until about 10 minutes of trying to get the stroller/car seat combo to work together. So, after making a fool of myself in the parking lot trying to get the stroller together with no luck, I sat down and read the instruction manual. Poor Cruz! He was very patient sitting in his car seat waiting for his not so smart mommy to figure things out.
Cruz still continues to be a dream. I love being his mommy and being the one that can soothe him and relax him. Rick is also great at soothing and relaxing him, but is useless when it comes time to eat. I'm getting better at diapers, but Rick still out numbers me for amount of diapers changed!

2 comments:

Carlean said...

Looks like you and Rick aren't the only two interested in Cruz. I love the picture of him with the cats.

Aunt Carlean

Ruth Thiessen said...

The cats for the most part could take him or leave him... Fry was mostly interested in him that time because Cruz's chair was vibrating! Oliver tried climbing right on the baby the other day while I was nursing him... other than that, the cats just glare at him when he's on my lap. Poor neglected kitties! :-)