Today I'm happy. Why? Because I just came home from my ultrasound appointment! I was pleasantly surprised when I got there that I didn't even have to wait to get into the room, so that helped with my happiness. Just seeing the baby is enough to make me elated though. Plus everything seems normal and fine!
I don't know how many ultrasounds pregnant woman usually have, but this was only my second. My first ultrasound was at 18 weeks and he was breach then. I had a pretty good feeling that he wasn't breach any more - and I was right! My first "mothers intuition" thing I got right! So, he is officially running out of room and pushing for space wherever he can. I asked if his head has dropped yet, but she couldn't really tell since I have a short torso and he's cramped as it is. I'm quite sure it has because of the pains I've been having.
The picture I got is on a film negative type paper, so I can't really show it unless in person and I hold it up to a light. In the picture you'd see a big upper lip, cute button nose and a wrinkled head! Now I'm calling him "bull dog" because of the wrinkly head. During the ultrasound I did see him suck in his big upper lip, so I'm not sure if it's actually big or that's just a cute face he makes already. Either way, I'm happy! Big upper lips do run on the Thiessen side though.
I'm on cloud 9 right now after seeing my little bull dog! Tomorrow I have my first appointment with the doctor that will be delivering my baby. I should have been seeing this person the entire time. My doctor has been completely useless. Any information I have about pregnancy is most certainly not from her. If I asked her questions or expressed my concerns, she'd either not answer or seem really unsure of her answer.. or act like I was crazy to ask in the first place. She's been my family doctor since I was 12 or so, and I have no idea why I've continued to go to her. After having her take care of me during my pregnancy, I've decided I definitely have to change doctors. If I've been unhappy with the care that she's given me, I certainly don't trust her with my baby. Even the ultrasound tech lady seemed baffled by her. She asked me if my doctor even tried to feel if the head had lowered or not, and I said no. The lady told me it was easy to feel and my doctor should have been able to figure it out. But, my doctor didn't even attempt to feel if the head had dropped or not. All she did at my appointments was to have me lay down, measured my fundus and took the baby's heart beat and left. Ah, but I digress. I'm having a happy day, but needed to vent a bit about my doctor!
No comments:
Post a Comment