Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's Been Awhile...

Sorry this isn't a photo post! I find that I haven't been taking that many photos lately as well as I just never seem to find the time to sit and write. I have lots on my mind, but I lack the motivation to talk about it.
So, to give a few updates about what's been going on, I'll start with my Cruzy:
Cruz is a sweet heart. He had about a 2 week stretch of tantrums, fits and not listening or wanting to do anything. I was about at my wits end with him. I was stressed about his bad behavior and what we could do to fix it or what we were doing wrong. I have now come to realize, after looking in his mouth during one of his big smiles, that he has what must be his 2 year molars. This would explain the moodiness and and tantrums that are so unlike this child. Other than that one bad stretch, Cruz has been great. His vocabulary has been daily improving. He doesn't quite put 2 words together yet, but he sure knows a lot of words and he's trying. He's says the words he knows with so much confidence that you can tell he's very proud of himself for his knowledge. I also am very proud!
Since halloween Cruz has been obsessed with the phrase "trick treat". He now thinks every candy is a "trick treat". He gets the sweetest look on his phase and will come up to me and say "trick treat?" Sometimes just to make it extra cute he'll add "peeese". For all the things I try to teach him that seems to have stuck the most. At least he's young enough that it's still cute!
Another thing he learned while I was at work the other day was how to move the chairs up to the counters to get what he wants. Apparently he really wanted the chocolate sauce. Rick caught him running around, drinking straight out of the syrup bottle. Stinkin baby! One thing I will say is that chocolate sauce does not come out as thick out the other end as you may think. In fact it came out down right runny. Just thought you should know!
We're about to embark on a new phase of Cruz's life. That phase will be big boy bed phase. Should be interesting, but I'm thinking it's probably the best we start this now before the baby comes.
Speaking of baby... I'm sure most of you know it's a boy. Yep, another Vandenheuvel boy! At least I know what to be prepared for with another boy. I'm not sure I would feel as confident with a girl, although I was hoping this one might be a girl just to balance things out! As far as my pregnancy goes, I've been feeling great. If it weren't for my belly growing I wouldn't know I was pregnant. I had some back pain for a little while, but that seems to have gone away now. The first trimester was a bit trying on me, but certainly nothing compared to what other women go through. My body seems to enjoy being pregnant, which is nice. I've been feeling the baby kicking for a few weeks now. In the last 2 weeks it's been getting a bit more strong and more often. I love this part! Tomorrow I go for my 20 week ultrasound which I'm pretty excited about.
In other news I've recently found myself with a new kitten. I was weak, pregnant and hormonal. That's my excuse. Cruz is obsessed with our kitty and keeps on calling him "Ollver" after our old cat, Oliver. I can't get him to call him anything else. This cat is another Oliver to him. So, because of Cruz's pronounciation of his name, I'm calling this kitty Oller. It's not quite Oliver but still close to what Cruz says.
Oh and in completely unrelated news, I am completely done my christmas shopping! I have never been done so fast before. I guess there are still some little things to take care of, but my main shopping is all done! Feels good. Thank goodness for online shopping this year.

No comments: