I have to say this last while we could definitely do without. Last Thursday I was at work and got a call from Rick telling me that Cruz woke up from his nap and was throwing up. I panicked, but he said he'd call me if he thought I should come home. Since he didn't call I figured things were okay. I got home at 9pm and Cruz was already in bed. Around 11pm Cruz woke up crying and coughing. I immediately ran out of bed to find him throwing up in his crib. It was actually kind of terrifying for me. After seeing him like that we decided to absolutely bring him to bed with us so we could watch him. He woke up a few times in the night to vomit. It was awful. We were giving him Tylenol, taking his temperature (which wasn't too high) and checking online what we should do. From what we read there was no real point in taking him in to the hospital unless his fever was at least 102. Also it's been -40 with wind chills and we didn't want to take him out of the house unless necessary.
The next day the vomiting stopped, he was still fevered and not feeling well. He cuddled me for 2 days. It was like having a new born in the house. I wouldn't have it any other way while he's sick though. I didn't take him to the doctor, but I kept a close eye on his temperature and made sure he was hydrated and gave him as much Tylenol as I could. Like I said, with the frigid temperatures I really hated the idea of getting him all packed up to go outside if I didn't have to. The only thing is now he has a cough that's bark like at night. It doesn't make him cry or having issues breathing or last for than 3 or 4 coughs in a row, but I think I might still have to take him to the doctor. Thankfully it's starting to warm up, sort of.
Then on Sunday I got sick. Worst. Day. Ever. Rick was at work then had a meeting right after work so I didn't see him all day. The only redeeming part of the day was that Cruz was giving me lots of extra hugs and kisses and being quite well behaved. I also let him do things I wouldn't normally let him do just to keep him from having a tantrum that I wasn't able to deal with. I could barely open my eyes or move. Ugh. After 3 days I'm finally feeling better though! Hooray!
So me and Cruz are feeling better and now Rick is sick... lame!
3 comments:
What goes around comes around!! When one gets sick, everyone gets sick. Hope everyone is better soon.
That was Mom making that anonymous comment!!
Good job staying cool under pressure.
Post a Comment