The last few months have been nothing but insanity. Planning a wedding, no matter how small, quaint, cheap and informal you want it to be is still nothing less of a marathon to get completed. And the cheap thing? While I was super cheap with the things we did, it still put us back more than we wanted to spend... and that was with having the wonderful help from my parents!
The wedding was great. I didn't stress one bit the day of the wedding. We had no rehearsals and just did the ceremony fairly off the cuff, I guess. I teared up as soon as I saw Rick standing there waiting for me to come down the aisle. Apparently I ran. The ceremony went as well as could be expected with no rehearsal. Cruz didn't recognize me and wanted nothing to do with me for the first hour or so of the day.
My bridesmaids, Carla and Alisia went above and beyond the call of duty all day. They had a cooler of snacks and drinks to get us through the whole day of pictures outdoors. When time was running long and guests needed to be entertained they came up with games to play on the spot. When Rick and I wanted to leave the wedding, they helped to make sure everything was taken care of at the hall. I can't thank them enough.
Another wonderful person that helped make the day special was my cousin Tracy. She made the most fantastic wedding cake. It tasted great and looked great. It had Rick's Canadien's symbol all over it. It was awesome.
Also, it can't go without saying that the day was also made extra special by my parents. They did so much to help out and make sure things were running the way things should. My mom spent a lot of time with me out in stores trying to help me out emotionally and financially with everything. As well as helping out with the wedding, they sent us on our honey moon to Niagara Falls, Ontario. Thanks to them we stayed in a beautiful hotel with a beautiful view of the falls. We are so thankful to my parents.
And of course last but not least, I am so thankful to my grandma for making a special trip up to Canada to see her grandaughter get married for the second time. She has always done the best she can do at making sure she's there for me during these times of my life. I regret that I wasn't able to spend more time with her while she was here, but she did get to spend quite a bit of time with Cruz! Love you GG!
This post has turned into my thank you list... and I'm not even done yet! I am so thankfully for all of the gifts, generosity, and all of the well wishes from everyone that helped to make our wedding happen. I am truly a very lucky woman to have so many wonderful people in her life. Especially my new husband Rick and our son Cruz.
Now it's time for everyone to try and pronounce and remember my new last name. Vandenheuvel. If you break it down when you say it, that helps. Van - den - hoo - vul.
My new in-laws are wonderful! They've been so accepting of me and generous all of the time. They can always be counted on to be there to help out whenever we need it. A special thank you also goes out to them as well!!
1 comment:
I agree Ruth, your parents are amazing!! Can't wait to see all of you soon :)
Post a Comment