The last month has been quite difficult. It started with about 2 weeks of pure crankiness and misbehavior from Cruz. I sort of mentioned that during his year and a half post. It was not easy. Turns out he cut some new teeth and I also realized that he grew an inch in the last month so that couldn't have been easy on him. He had 1 nice day of the Cruz I know and love. Then he got sick. So sick! There was a lot of vomit. We had taken him to emergency the first day of the vomiting as he was nearly lifeless in my arms and vomiting so much. They said he had a bug and basically to just wait it out. After 5 days of the same thing, with minor improvements day to day, he was still throwing up and still hadn't peed. I took him to our family doctor and she said that there really wasn't much to treat him, but if he didn't pee by the next day to take him to emergency to get some fluids pumped into him. Rick and I were really, really dreading having to take Cruz to the hospital to get IV's. He had enough of that when he was first born and that wasn't easy to see. Thankfully the next day he woke up with a full pee pamper! I have never been so happy to report that!! He was back to his old self yesterday. And not his old bratty self, but his old cute self. The sweet little Cruzy that loves kisses and hugs and talking and running around and smiling. What a relief!
Also yesterday while I was busy celebrating Cruz getting better, my mom was in for surgery. She had thyroid surgery yesterday morning. The doctors weren't sure exactly what was going to happen during surgery until they got in there. What wound up happening was they took out 2 of her parathyroid glands and 1 thyroid gland. I haven't had a chance to see her yet, but my dad tells me she is doing well. She's resting and bored and completely bound to her bed. She will be in the hospital for another night or 2. I'm not entirely sure. It's just so hard to picture her laying there in the hospital. I wish I could be there for her. My thoughts are with her like crazy though. I'm hoping to get there tonight with my dad. I know she'll be okay, but I still worry!
I just love this picture of my mom and dad... :-)
Also yesterday while I was busy celebrating Cruz getting better, my mom was in for surgery. She had thyroid surgery yesterday morning. The doctors weren't sure exactly what was going to happen during surgery until they got in there. What wound up happening was they took out 2 of her parathyroid glands and 1 thyroid gland. I haven't had a chance to see her yet, but my dad tells me she is doing well. She's resting and bored and completely bound to her bed. She will be in the hospital for another night or 2. I'm not entirely sure. It's just so hard to picture her laying there in the hospital. I wish I could be there for her. My thoughts are with her like crazy though. I'm hoping to get there tonight with my dad. I know she'll be okay, but I still worry!
I just love this picture of my mom and dad... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment