Saturday, November 21, 2009

When he's silent....

Normally when I'm getting ready for work I wait for Cruz to be napping. Since I had to get ready earlier than normal that wasn't an option (although the fact that I'm blogging now means that I could have waited... oh well!). Since all the bedrooms are upstairs in the house I just put up the baby gate and let him play through out the bedrooms.
In Cruz's room there is a big dresser with all his clothes and blankets. In the bottom drawer is a drawer full of random things. Clothes that are too big, things I don't need for him anymore and so on.
So as I'm in my bedroom doing my hair I realize that I can't see him and he's being really quiet. I call out his name to see what he's up to. If he's being naughty I'll hear him go "HM!" and I know that's a good indication of what I'll find. Today he totally caught me off guard. He came running out of his room like this...
He had 2 sets of head phones draped around his neck! The funniest part to me is what those headphones are from. When I was pregnant I bought a heart beat monitor so that I could hear Cruz's heart in my belly and it came with 2 sets of headphones to plug into it. Those are them! What a goof...

A few mornings ago Cruz woke up at his regular time in the morning. We did our regular routine. I give him kisses and take him to his high chair for breakfast. I usually play with his hair as I'm doing this and as I did, I noticed what looked like wet cookie crumbs in his hair. He never has food in his crib but at first I was thinking that he must have hid food in his hand when he went to bed. So as I was washing my hands from removing this thing from his hair, I started to have a bad feeling. I took a closer inspection of Cruz and noticed that he had dried on, smeared poo all over his cheeks, forehead, hair and pj's. This may be too much information, but the reason I didn't notice it at first was because his poo was a really light color so it dried almost skin tone. Needless to say he got a very thorough bath!! I also had a major moment of dread going back into his bedroom to assess things, but was quite thankful to notice that there was not poo smeared all over everything as I had expected. Everything got washed promptly anyways. And no... I don't have pictures of this.

1 comment:

mthiessen said...

Very funny little boy!! Maybe, he's trying to tell you something, Ruth!!